Last Updated on June 28, 2023 by Jorian
Are you tired of dealing with error messages on your coffee maker? Whether you’re trying to start your morning off right or looking for a pick-me-up in the middle of the day, nothing is more frustrating than having your coffee maker fail to function properly.
Error codes can be difficult to understand, but in most cases, they’re actually quite simple to fix. In this article, I will cover all the DeLonghi Magnifica error messages: Insert Infuser Assembly, Insert Grounds Container, Insert Water Spout, Ground Too Fine Adjust Mill, and the Water Circuit Empty message. I will explain what they mean and how to fix them.
Error Message: Insert Infuser Assembly
The “Insert Infuser Assembly” (the part that makes the coffee puck for brewing) might not be properly seated in place. Here’s what you can try to fix it:
- Make sure that the infuser assembly (which holds and dispenses the coffee beans) is correctly and firmly inserted into the machine. Look out for any debris or items that might be obstructing its path.
- Sometimes, accumulated debris or grime can clog the mechanism and prevent the infuser assembly from functioning properly. To clean it, use a pair of needle-nose pliers or tweezers to remove any visible grime or debris from the claws of the infuser.
- Inspect the area around the infuser assembly, paying particular attention to the small plastic piece above one of the claws. If this piece is obstructing the infuser assembly from being properly inserted or removed, carefully try to manually move it.
- If the problem persists after following the above steps, try to reset the machine. Unplug it, wait a few minutes, and then plug it back in before starting it up again. This can sometimes resolve minor software issues.
- If none of the above steps works, it’s time to get in touch with DeLonghi support. They’ll have more detailed troubleshooting resources for your specific model and can help identify whether there’s a problem with the machine that needs fixing.
Safety Reminder: Keep in mind that some machines have a safety feature that prevents the infuser assembly from being removed while the machine is hot. Always ensure the machine is completely cooled down before attempting to remove the infuser assembly.
Error Message: Insert Grounds Container
Here is how to fix the “insert grounds container” error on your Delonghi Magnifica coffee machine:
- Turn off and unplug the coffee machine. Safety should always come first when dealing with appliances.
- Remove the grounds container from the coffee machine. The location of the grounds container will depend on your specific model, but it’s typically located on the front side.
- Clean the area behind the grounds container. Use a soft brush or cloth to gently remove any loose coffee grounds that may be present.
- Clean the metal contacts. Use a dry, lint-free cloth to carefully wipe the metal contacts. This will remove any residue or moisture that could interfere with the machine’s sensors.
- Allow the machine and the container to dry. Leave the container out of the machine for a few hours. This will ensure that any dampness causing the error message will have time to evaporate.
- Reinsert the grounds container. Make sure that it is properly engaged in its slot.
- Power the machine back on and test it to see if the error message has cleared.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, it’s possible that there is an internal leak keeping the sensor wet. This will require a more involved repair that may need to be performed by a professional or a handy individual who is comfortable disassembling and repairing appliances.
Error Message: Insert Water Spout
Firstly, ensure the water spout is appropriately positioned by pushing it as far in as it can possibly go. If your Magnifica continues to display the message “Insert water spout” despite this, then proceed with the following steps:
Step 1: Check the O-Rings
First, disconnect the machine from power for safety reasons. Locate the water spout connection. This is typically where the water spout is inserted into the machine.
Examine the O-Rings on the spout connection. There should be two O-Rings in place. Ensure the O-Rings are in good condition. If they appear worn or damaged, they should be replaced.
Step 2: Descale the Machine
Reconnect the machine to power. Initiate the descaling process according to DeLonghi Magnifica’s manual instructions. This process might require a water spout connection.
Monitor the machine during the descaling process to see if the ‘Insert water spout’ message disappears. If the message persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Check the Heating Coils
Disconnect the machine from power again. Locate the heating coils. This may require some disassembly, depending on your machine’s model. Refer to the user manual for specific instructions.
Test the coils for resistance using a multimeter. If there’s no resistance, the coils may need to be replaced. If the coils are functioning correctly, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Check for Power Surges
Consider if the machine was plugged in near appliances that can cause power surges, like a microwave oven.
A power surge may have caused damage to the control board of the machine. If you suspect this might be the case, you might need to replace the control board.
If the issue persists after trying the above steps, consider seeking professional help or contact Delonghi customer support. The issue might be complex and require specialized knowledge and tools.
Error Message: Ground Too Fine Adjust Mill
The “Ground Too Fine Adjust Mill” error message usually goes hand in hand with the “Insert Water Spout” Message. To fix this problem take these steps:
Step 1: Removal of the Back Cover And Side Covers
Locate the five screws on the back cover of your De’Longhi Magnifica S coffee machine. Using the Torx security bit, carefully unscrew and remove them. A standard Torx bit may not work, so ensure you have a security bit with a hollow center.
After you’ve removed the back cover, the side panels should also be easily removable.
Step 3: Unplug the Connectors
You will see two connectors: one black and one white. Carefully unplug these connectors, ensuring not to damage them in the process.
Step 4: Slide Out the Tray
After unplugging the connectors, locate the tray within the machine. Slide this tray out, revealing two tubes that are likely causing the issue.
Step 5: Remove the Clamps and Flush the Tubes
Use your pliers to carefully remove the two metal clamps on the tubes. Gently pull the tubes out of their position, allowing any blocked water to drain out. In some cases, the water may not fully drain due to gravity. If necessary, gently suck the remaining water out of the tubes.
Step 6: Reinstalling the Tubes
Before reinserting the tubes, ensure that the washers are flush and even. Once assured, reinsert the tubes into their original position in the machine.
Step 7: Reconnect the Pins
Replace the pins and slide the tray back into its original place. Reconnect the black and white connectors that were unplugged earlier. Remember, the white connector goes inside, and the black connector goes outside.
Step 8: Testing the Machine
Before completely reassembling the machine, it’s best to test if the error has been resolved. Reinsert the water tank and plug in the machine. Place a cup under the coffee spout and switch on the machine. If the error is fixed, the machine will run its rinse cycle and water will flow freely into the cup.
Here is a video explaining the process:
Note: This issue often occurs due to infrequent descaling, which allows sediments to block the tubing. Regular maintenance and descaling of the machine can help prevent this error in the future. Remember, don’t throw away your machine if you encounter this issue, a simple fix can often get it running smoothly again.
Error Message: Water Circuit Empty
If your machine is displaying a “Water circuit empty” message, there are several steps you can follow to try and rectify the issue:
Step 1: Inspect the Water Tank
Ensure that your water tank is at least half full. If it’s not, fill it up to at least the halfway point. Ensure that the water tank is properly inserted and secure in its place.
This can sometimes solve the problem if the machine can’t detect the presence of water due to the tank not being properly seated.
Step 2: Remove the Water Filter and Insert the Hot Water Spout
In the next step, you need to detach the water filter from its spot. Following the removal of the water filter, insert the hot water spout into the appropriate slot. This procedure may help if the issue lies with the water filter.
Step 3: Purge the System
Place an empty container or cup under the hot water spout. Press the hot water button to commence the purging process.
This action will help to clear any air bubbles that may have become trapped in the water circuit, preventing the system from functioning optimally. It is these air pockets that are often the cause of the error message.
Step 4: Attempt to Make a Drink
After you’ve purged the system, try to make a drink as you normally would. This will allow you to verify if the issue has been resolved.
This outlined procedure should generally rectify the issue. However, it may be necessary to repeat the process if the problem persists after the initial attempt.
In this guide, we’ve addressed common error messages of your DeLonghi Magnifica machine, providing solutions to ‘Insert Infuser Assembly’, ‘Insert Grounds Container’, ‘Insert Water Spout’, ‘Ground Too Fine Adjust Mill’, and ‘Water Circuit Empty’ errors.
Don’t forget, regular maintenance can help prevent these issues. If troubles persist, DeLonghi’s support is there for you. Enjoy your well-deserved, hassle-free cup of coffee!
Thanks for reading!