Last Updated on March 31, 2023 by Jorian
Are you struggling with a Keurig 2.0 coffee machine that won’t turn on, has a blank screen, or a power button that isn’t working, leaving you without freshly brewed coffee? Then you landed on the right page!
In this article, I’ll explore the most common issues behind this frustrating problem and provide you with detailed, step-by-step solutions to get your Keurig 2.0 back up and running.
Let’s start with the blank screen problem;
Table of Contents
- My Keurig 2.0 Has A Blank Screen
- A Wire On The Inside Has Come Loose
- The Keurig 2.0 Is Damp On The Inside
- The Power Button Is Not Working
My Keurig 2.0 Has A Blank Screen
There are two common problems that can cause the screen to remain blank on your Keurig 2.0.
The first possible problem is that a wire on the inside of the machine has come loose. The second common problem is that the inside of the Keurig is too damp.
A Wire On The Inside Has Come Loose
When your Keurig is making a sound when you try to turn it on but the screen stays blank, it could be that the wire that connects the screen to the circuit board has come loose. Luckily this is easy to fix:
Step 1: Unplug the Keurig machine
Ensure the Keurig coffee machine is unplugged before starting any repair work to avoid electrical hazards and shorting the circuit board.
Step 2: Remove the top lid screws
Locate the screws on the bottom side of the lid. Using a screwdriver, remove these screws and set them aside.
Step 3: Lift the top cover partially
Carefully lift the top cover partially, just enough to access the internal components without fully removing it. This will make reassembly easier later.
Step 4: Locate the screen connection
Now loosen the latches at the front and on the side. Inevitably some latches may break off on the side, but that doesn’t matter along as the one on the front stays intact.
Then use something like a lighter to put between the two parts so you can reach the connection between the screen and the circuit board more easily.
Step 5: Disconnect and reconnect the screen connection
Using a pair of tweezers, carefully disconnect the circuit board wire from the screen (the small white thing connected to the back of the screen). Then, reconnect the wire securely, ensuring it is properly seated.
Step 6: Reassemble the Keurig machine
Carefully lower the top cover back into place, ensuring it is aligned correctly. Reinsert the screws removed earlier and tighten them using the screwdriver.
Step 7: Power up the Keurig machine
Plug the Keurig machine back into the power outlet and turn it on. The screen should now be functioning correctly, allowing you to use the coffee machine as intended.
Step 8: Test the machine
Insert a coffee pod and select your desired brewing settings. Press the start button to ensure the machine is brewing coffee correctly. If the machine is functioning properly, the repair is complete.
Once you have completed the repair process and verified that your Keurig coffee machine is functioning properly, you can now enjoy your freshly brewed coffee.
In the future, should you experience any issues with the screen or other components, you can refer back to this step-by-step guide to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
The Keurig 2.0 Is Damp On The Inside
The problem of the screen remaining blank can also occur when the machine’s internal components get a bit wet, leading to a malfunctioning screen. There is also an easy fix to this problem:
Step 1: Open and clean
- Open the Keurig by lifting the handle.
- Remove the K-Cup holder.
- Using a wet towel, clean the inside of the machine to remove any accumulated coffee grounds or debris.
Step 2: Plug in and preheat
- Close the Keurig and plug it in. The screen will still be white and unresponsive at this point.
- Press down on the bottom right corner of the screen to initiate the preheating process.
- Listen for the water to start bubbling. Once the bubbling stops, the machine has finished preheating.
Step 3: Dispense hot water
- Press the Keurig button in the middle of the screen to dispense hot water. Remember, the screen will still be white at this point.
- Wait for the hot water to finish dispensing. If necessary, stop the process by lifting the handle.
Step 4: Reset the machine
- Lift the handle and leave it open for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Unplug the machine, close the handle, and wait for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Plug the machine back in. The screen should now be working properly.
Conclusion: It might take one or two attempts to fix the blank screen issue on your Keurig 2.0. If the problem persists, consider contacting Keurig customer support for further assistance.
The Power Button Is Not Working
If the screen seems to be working, but when you press the small power button in the bottom right corner nothing happens, you can try this fix.
- Open the handle and put a K-cup in.
- Hold your finger on the small power button.
- Now close the handle and at the same time smash the top of the handle.
- Repeat until the screen works like normal again.
Here is a video showing how to do this:
A Keurig 2.0 coffee machine with a blank screen or non-responsive power button can be frustrating, especially when you’re craving a freshly brewed cup of coffee.
However, as demonstrated in this guide, there are a few common issues that can be easily resolved with simple troubleshooting steps. Whether it’s a loose wire connection, damp internal components, or a malfunctioning power button, these step-by-step solutions should help you get your Keurig 2.0 back up and running in no time.
If the problem persists after trying these solutions, it’s best to reach out to Keurig customer support for further assistance.
Thanks for reading!